On the surface, the Control Energy Costs website looks simple. It contains a home page; a contact form; a section about the company and its service; articles and a resources section. However, as a service company, Control Energy Costs website works on many different levels. For example:
- To provide credibility
- To act as a 24/7 sales mechanism
- To showcase the brand and messaging
- To elevate Control Energy Costs’ profile as thought leaders through strategic content marketing
So when we designed and developed the Control Energy Costs website we were thinking deeper than just its surface.
Designed with a green purpose
Every website, no matter how big or small, goes through a thorough planning phase before we even put pen-to-paper and start the design. However, we did identify a goal early on in the project to make the website as green as possible.
We achieved this by:
- Selecting a host whose uses 100% renewable energy and has a carbon offsetting scheme by planting trees
- Designing the website to use a dark theme as it is more energy efficient to render a dark screen than a white screen.
- Ensuring the website is built simply and loads fast so it uses less processing power (requiring more energy)
We even added a website carbon calculator to the website that displays how much carbon was used to render the page.
An ongoing effort
Most websites are designed, built and handed over to the client. However, like a garden, websites need tending otherwise they look scrappy, unloved and nothing really flourishes.
To ensure our clients maximise their websites full potential, we continue our relationship beyond launch day. For Control Energy Costs we run accessibility audits, manage their SEO and maintain the website to ensure it stays healthy and green.
Like what you see?
Book a meeting with our experts and let’s find out how we can help you.