Scaramanga is a full service digital, marketing and advertising agency. We are creative thinkers delivering marketing and design solutions that do more than just look pretty. We are based in Surrey and Kent and our skilled and experienced team is made up of marketers, designers, web developers, content and advertising wizards and social media gurus.
Established in 2000, we have the track record and know-how to transform performance for organisations, so that they can build brand awareness, launch new products and services, enter new markets and grow sales and profitability to reach their full potential.
As a Junior Web Developer, attention to detail and flexible approach to problem solving are key attributes as well as the ability to work in a team.
You will need to possess excellent knowledge about best practice for web performance, accessibility and usability; be curious about new technologies and have an eagerness to learn more.
Great communication skills are essential as you will be working in a team and liaising directly with clients.
On-the-job training will be provided by the senior team.
Oh, and being a generally decent person will go a long way.
Your duties will include, but certainly not limited to:
- Taking part in the discovery process of identifying client requirements.
Utilising your knowledge of progressive enhancement and responsive design techniques.
- Identifying compatibility pitfalls with older browsers.
- Contributing to the standards of front-end development within the company.
- Advising on front-end/UX best practices and ideal approaches/techniques to use on projects.
- Sharing your knowledge with other members of the team.
- Transposing designers’ visuals into high quality code.
Skills & Experience
- Solid understanding of HTML and CSS3
- Working knowledge of jQuery and/or vanilla JS
- Knowledge of best practices for web performance, accessibility and usability
- Experience using SASS
- Experience using a version control system (Git)
- Commercial experience working on websites
- Experience working in PHP
- Experience working with industry standard software
- Understanding of design process and design best practices
- Understanding of hosting/domain environments
- Experience building eCommerce websites
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
This role is based at our Kent office in Kings Hill, West Malling.
The Creative team based at this office comprises of a Senior Web Developer, Digital/Graphic designer, Graphic Design and Technical/Creative Director.
This will be your permanent base and the role does not accommodate remote working.
£18,000 per annum
Permanent, full time.
How to apply
As this is a digital role, we would like to see an online digital portfolio. Please send your CV and examples of your work to: firstname.lastname@example.org or click the button below.