THE ROLE CAN BE REMOTE BUT APPLICANTS OUTSIDE THE UK WILL BE REJECTED
You will be responsible for developing new websites that are technically complex, as well as supporting existing clients. To do this you will be involved in all stages of a project lifecycle from concept and ideation through to building and supporting the website after delivery.
With clients spanning the arts and business sectors, the projects we work on are as diverse as the clients. This means that every day can conjure up a new challenge, so you will need to be a natural problem solver who is comfortable with managing multiple tasks concurrently.
We develop our websites using Craft CMS, so existing experience working with this platform is preferred. Shopify experience would also be an advantage. If you have only ever worked in WordPress adding themes, you are unlikely to have the experience required for this role.
Attention to detail and a flexible approach to problem solving are key attributes, as well as the ability to work in a team. You will need to possess excellent knowledge about best practice for web performance, accessibility and usability; be curious about new technologies and have an eagerness to learn more and share your knowledge with other team members.
Ultimately, we need someone who can build a website!
Scaramanga is a full-service marketing agency, with a strong web development and UX design team. We are creative thinkers delivering solutions that do more than just look pretty. Based in Croydon and remotely, our skilled and experienced team is made up of web developers, designers, marketers, content and advertising wizards and social media gurus.
Established in 2000, we have the track record and know-how to transform performance for organisations, so that they can build brand awareness, launch new products and services, enter new markets, and grow sales and profitability to reach their full potential.
- Building websites with Craft CMS, taking full ownership of a project or support ticket
- Maintaining and supporting our existing websites
- Taking part in the discovery process of identifying client requirements
- Working with our design team to make sure that designs are achievable, performant, and accessible when translating them into high quality code
- Advising on front-end/UX best practices
- Communicating with (sometimes) less technical users and training clients on how to use the CMS
- Experience working with Craft CMS for commercial websites
- A solid foundation in semantic, modular, accessible HTML, SCSS, ES6 and JS
- Ability to build websites with a particular focus on performance, UX and accessibility
- Experience with API integration
- Package managers and build tools including Gulp, Grunt, Composer and npm
- Comfortable with PHP and MySQL
- Comfortable with Git, GitHub and Bitbucket
- Good communication, including internal and client interaction across all project phases
- A strong design sensibility, with a keen eye for detail
- Be adept at working remotely, and be comfortable with autonomy and managing your own task list
- Experience with Tailwind
- Understanding of hosting/domain environments
- Understanding of CI/CD pipelines
- Standing up docker container
- Understanding of design and SEO best practices
- Have experience theming Shopify
- Have an understanding of Google’s suite of SEO tools, and how to integrate them into websites (GTM, GA, Search Console, Optimise, etc.)
- Have experience writing documentation
- Have experience with VueJS/ReactJS
- Administering WHM servers
This is flexible and can be fully remote (UK based), or office-based in our central Croydon office.
For remote workers, we do ask that you join us on occasion throughout the year for team events and potentially key client meetings.
Permanent, full time.
Salary and benefits
£40,000 to £45,000 per annum, depending on experience.
- Employee Benefit Scheme – shopping, leisure and travel discounts, as well as access to an online doctor, extensive helplines and face-to-face counselling
- Company pension
- Company equipment will be supplied
- Option of remote working
- Company social events
How to apply
Please provide us two recent examples of websites you’ve worked on, including: what you did on the projects, what you’re proud of, and what you think could be done better.
Please send your CV and examples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates invited to the second stage interview will be required to complete a skills test