Scaramanga is a full service, marketing and creative agency, with a strong web development team. We are creative thinkers delivering marketing and design solutions that do more than just look pretty. Based in Surrey and Kent, our skilled and experienced team is made up of web developers, designers, marketers, content and advertising wizards and social media gurus.
Established in 2000, we have the track record and know-how to transform performance for organisations, so that they can build brand awareness, launch new products and services, enter new markets, and grow sales and profitability to reach their full potential.
Attention to detail and flexible approach to problem solving are key attributes as well as the ability to work in a team. You will need to possess excellent knowledge about best practice for web performance, accessibility and usability; be curious about new technologies and have an eagerness to learn more.
Great communication skills are essential as you will be working in a team and liaising directly with clients. You will be expected to hone your skills whilst on-the-job, as well as engaging in CPD training and self-learning. Oh, and being a generally decent person will go a long way.
Your duties will include, but certainly not limited to:
- Taking part in the discovery process of identifying client requirements
- Utilising your knowledge of progressive enhancement and responsive design techniques
- Identifying compatibility pitfalls with older browsers
- Contributing to the standards of front-end development within the company
- Advising on front-end/UX best practices and ideal approaches/ techniques to use on projects
- Sharing your knowledge with other members of the team
- Transposing designers’ visuals into high quality code
Skills & experience
- Experience working with Content Management Systems (bonus points if you work in our preferred CMS, Craft, and it’s Commerce companion), as well as working with e-commerce in Shopify
- Front-end tooling including gulp and npm
- Comfortable (but not necessarily an expert) with PHP and MySQL
- Comfortable with Git, GitHub and Bitbucket
- Ability to build websites with a particular focus on performance and accessibility
- Good communication, including internal and client interaction across all project phases
- A strong design sensibility, with a keen eye for detail
- History working with design/ development teams and an interest and experience in the creative industry
- Server administration (WHM/cPanel)
- Familiarity with design tools like Figma and Affinity
- Good understanding of SEO best practices
- Experience with Tailwind
- Understanding of design process and design best practices
- Understanding of hosting/domain environments
Mega brownie points
- Docker skills
- Understanding of CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with setting up E2E front-end tests
We are flexible with location and are happy to support remote working, although you can choose to be permanently based in either our Kent office in Kings Hill, West Malling or our Surrey Office in Caterham.
If you opt for remote working, we will require you to come into the Kent office on occasion for collaboration with the rest of the team.
If you can demonstrate that you can fulfil the role’s requirements, then the number of years’ experience is irrelevant.
However, as a guide, we would suggest a minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a professional environment on commercial projects would be the sweet spot.
Up to £35,000 per annum, depending on experience.
Permanent, full time.
How to apply
Please send your CV and examples of your work to [email protected]
This next bit is really important: As this is a digital role, we would like to see an online digital portfolio and/ or examples of your work.